Thursday, December 1, 2011

10 Day Challenge: Day 10

Hello Lacquer Luvers and welcome to the last day of the 10 Day Challenge! I had such a great time doing this series with the lovely Ms. Kelly from Posh For Polish. And thank you to Marketta over at Pink Polish Addict for creating this challenge and allowing us to join in on the fun. I had a blast coming up with these manicures and reading each and every sweet comment you all left about them!


The last challenge theme is Ombre Nails. For those of you all who don't quite know what that is, ombre nails is a monotone manicure where the color shade varies from nail to nail. Essentially, this means you go from dark to light starting from your pinky towards your thumb. For this manicure I used Zoya Snow White & Lael to achieve a light to dark look. Snow White is a bright white creme and Lael is a gorgeous deep plum purple creme.


I began my ombre manicure with one coat of OPI Nail Envy for my base. Next, I applied two coats of Lael to my pinky. In a mixing dish, I put in 3 drops of Lael & 2 drops of Snow White. I mixed these two colors using the tip of an orange wood stick and applied two coats of this lighter shade to my ring finger using a brush from a bottle of nail polish that fell and shattered on me. For my middle finger I mixed 3 drops of Lael and 3 drops of Snow White & applied two coats and so forth goes the mixing to get the shades lighter on my index and thumb.



Although the colors aren't as pronounced in this manicure as I would've liked, I hope that you all can see how the purple shade varies from nail to nail. Have you ever tried the ombre manicure? What other colors do you think this manicure would look good in? Make sure to go check out what Kelly did for her ombre manicure today, as well! As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing tomorrow's post with you! Hmmm, now what will I do now without a scheduled post? Guess we'll just have to see, xo!!

~Jessica

P.S. Lacquer Luvers, my 50 Follower Bettina Giveaway ends today at 11:59PM EST so make sure you don't miss out and enter here! Good luck to all who enter and thank you so much for following me!!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty Pretty. I do see the difference from nail to nail...

    Congrats on completing the 10 days challenge. It was fun seeing all you came up with for the challenge.

    Looking forward to other posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I.am.so.friggin.stupid. I didn't think of adding white!! I used all different colors, geez what's wrong with me?!

    gorgeous manicure! I love the colors, and yes, I see the difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lizzy, I had fun doing this challenge & am excited to bring you all many more posts =]

    Kellyyyy I was trying to find 5 different shades that went nicely together but i couldn't find 5 different cremes or shimmers or glitters lol!! I thought that would've been easier.. thanks luv, it was a pleasure doing this challenge with you, xo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv the color gradiant. Congrats to you and Ms Kelly on your 10 day challenge. You both are awesome. LuvMyLacquerMom

    ReplyDelete