Friday, December 2, 2011

My Secret Santa & Orly Androgynie

Hello Lacquer Luvers! Now that the 10 Day Challenge is over I am so happy to share today's post with you all as I've been so excited to show you guys my Secret Santa package! I was added to a great nail polish group on Facebook & those of us who wanted took part in Secret Santa this year. Everyone was given another lady's name and address and we all wrote things we like and dislike and exchanged gifts. Cool, right? =)


My Secret Santa gift came from Ms. Mallory <3! She really went all out and sent me such a nice package. I received a really pretty card, J stickers, animal print nail files, ULTA Purple Haze, Sinful Colors Envy, SHXW In The Spotlight, Orly Androgynie, antibacterial PocketBac, lip balm, coal bubblegum, chocolate coins and the cutest holiday socks ever! I love everything she sent me & thought it was so cute how she packaged the polishes in the socks like stocking stuffers, adorable!

I have been wanting Androgynie, which is part of Orly's Holiday SoireƩ collection, for a while now and was so excited to swatch this one for you all first! After reading reviews and seeing swatches of Androgynie, I was losing hope for this polish as there was kind of a unanimous opinion that it was much prettier in the bottle than on the nail. When I received this, all of the glitter was on the bottom of the bottle, just like everyone had already said it would be. I read in the group that one of the ladies stored hers upside down and that she was able to get more of the glitter on the brush. This trick worked well and was a great "fix" for this polish!


I began this mani with one coat of OPI Nail Envy & two coats of Orly Androgynie followed by one coat of fast dry top coat by Seche Vite. As you can see in the photos, Androgynie is a black jelly based polish that has a variety of glitters in it. The glitter ranges from larger multicolored hexagonal shaped glitter to smaller square shaped holographic glitter along with some gold microglitter. This one is quite unique.



Here's a better look at how all the glitter looks in the bottle, pretty!


I really liked this polish but am wondering if I should've used 3 coats or layered one coat over a black creme polish. What do you ladies think? I am off to go mail my Secret Santa her package. I hope she loves it all just as much as I love mine! As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing tomorrow's post with you, xo!

~Jessica

6 comments:

  1. i like your ss package looks awesome =] and the polish i love! i hope to get it soon in a swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome package! Nice swatches :) That color looks really pretty, I love all the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely color. Is it one of those ones that photograph well but look weird in person?

    This looks really good on picture. I don't think you needed to have a black base color.

    Your SS is amazing! I wish I did one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so very much! Lizzy, I wouldn't say this one looks weird in person, the glitter does come to life better outside though =) My SS was definitely amazing! Maybe there will be a Secret Cupid or something for Valentine's Day that you can join in on ;) It's so much fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. As your Secret Santa recipient I just wanted to say I truly did LOVE my package! I got to instantly add 3 flakie polishes to my collection and was pleasantly surprised that Cosmic was my favorite followed closely by Nubar 2010. Thanks so much! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite Orly's! I even got it today as a mini in a holiday set from Sally's that had 3 of the Holiday Soiree colors! This looks great on you! Thanks for sharing the tip about storing the polish upside down! I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete