Thursday, December 15, 2011

I Am Sew Psyched About As Gold As It Gets

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I missed you girls yesterday! I was having some technical difficulties but now that it's handled I'm back and ready to share today's post with you all. Today's nails feature two polishes by Essie, Sew Psyched and As Gold As It Gets. Let's go on to the nails, shall we?


For my mani, I began with a coat of Essie Grow Faster as by base. I applied two coats of Sew Psyched for full opacity. Sew Psyched can best be described as a cashmere-soft sage pewter. It has gray micro-shimmer throughout it that I really really love. The formula and application was very nice. This polish is from Essie's Fall 2010 collection. I really like this color. It's different than any other green in my stash and you all know how I love green.


Once Sew Psyched dried, I layered one coat of As Gold As It Gets over it. As Gold As It Gets is part of Essie's Luxeffects Collection. Luxeffects is a set of 5 glitter top coats that are sure to dazzle during the holiday's and is perfect for layering and giving all of your polishes a different look. As Gold As It Gets contains gold flakies and gold micro-glitter in a clear base. The flakes vary in size and the iridescence from the micro-glitter sometimes reflects a flash of a reddish bronze in the sun. The formula on this was a little thick but was not hard to apply. No top coat was used in these photos.


Pretty, isn't it? As mentioned before, this collection was created for layering and I wanted to show you how it looked over other colors. From left to right we have As Gold As It Gets layered over Sinful Colors Burgandy Apple, WetNWild Ebony Hates Chris, Revlon All Fired Up, & Essie Sew Psyched.


I really love layering this polish over other colors. It gives cremes a much more dramatic appearance that is perfect for this time of year. I also love that its a gold flakie, something that I don't have in my collection. How do you ladies like this polish? Which color do you like it layered best over or which color would you like to layer it over? As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing tomorrow's post with you, xo!

~Jessica

8 comments:

  1. I have the Sew Psyched and the Gold effect-so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew Psyched is a really pretty green. The combo is great also!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew Psyched is stunning!! Same as the gold you layered over it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg im not even a big gold fan and i want as gold as it gets! i also love the color combo! i deff gotta get my hands on this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Like them both! But the gold is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! I put As Gold as it Gets over Joe Fresh Peacock and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Just letting you know I've featured you on my blog recommendation page here http://yolandaas.blogspot.com/p/great-blogs.html

    Take Care x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome!! I have As Gold as it Gets over Zoya Holly right now and I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete