Friday, December 9, 2011

Pink Snowflakes!

Hello Lacquer Luvers, Happy Friday! Today I have an untraditional twist on a winter mani to share with you. I was speaking to a few lovely ladies this morning (who all share a love for nail polish) and in the midst of our conversation I became inspired with an idea for today's manicure. We had discussed the weather and how cold it is up North. I had mentioned that although I do not like cold weather, I hope that it snows when I go to visit my family & friends for the holidays. My son, Tyus, would love playing in it and it would surely make for some great memories and photos! I wanted to do a winter snowflake manicure and instead of going the traditional blue/silver/white route I went PINK! Yes, pink! =)


For today's manicure, I began with a coat of Nail Envy by OPI. I applied two coats each of Matte & Pink Bikini by Bettina, alternating the base colors on each finger (using Pink Bikini on my pinky, middle, and thumb fingers; using Matte on my ring and index fingers). These lacquers both go on very effortlessly and dry fairly quickly.


I layered two polishes by Confetti, Ice Ice Baby & Pink Confetti, to give my nails a bit iridescent shimmer to mimic that of fallen snow. Ice Ice Baby is packed with blue/green iridescent glitter in a clear base and I used one coat of this on the nails I painted white. Pink Confetti has two sizes of iridescent glitter that are orange, gold, blue and green in a sheer pink base and I used on coat of this on the nails painted pink.

For my snowflakes, I used Konad's image plate M59. This plate has two different types of snowflakes on it and I used both on each nail. I used Konad Special Stamping Polish in white on my pink nails and the Bettina Pink Bikini worked great for stamping the pink snowflakes on my white nails.



I am so very pleased with how my Pink Snowflake mani turned out! It's too cute! I think the Confetti polishes were perfect for the snow effect & cannot wait to use them over other colors. Would you ladies wear this manicure? What other untraditional colors do you think this would look best in? As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing tomorrow's post with you, xo!

~Jessica

8 comments:

  1. I love this manicure!
    The stamping came out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and would definitely wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its sooo pretty! just in time for winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love this! Your stamping is perfect and the colors are super cute for a holiday mani!

    ReplyDelete