Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It's Pink Wednesday!

Hello Lacquer Luvers! Today is Pink Wednesday and I'm so happy about that because I get to take a break from the holiday mani's! Don't get me wrong, I love doing them but it's nice to do something different every now and then. So let me show you what I've done for today's Pink Wednesday manicure.


For my manicure today, I started off with a base of Nail Envy Maintenance by OPI. I chose Yum Gum by Color Club for my base color and applied two coats of it to reach full opacity. Yum Gum is from Color Club's Wicked Sweet Collection. This collection consists of 6 neon candy colored shades that are scented. I won this entire collection over the summer through a contest on Color Club's Facebook page. Yum Gum is a pretty neon pink (much brighter than my camera could capture) and the scent reminds me of the Bazooka Joe bubblegum I used to love as a kid. The formula was a bit on the thick side but very manageable.


I wanted to do a fun monotone manicure and used another pink polish for my design. Cream Pink by Sinful Colors is a bright pink polish. Contrary to the name, this isn't a cream at all. This lovely pink has golden shimmer throughout it that is really quite beautiful. I used this color on BundleMonster's image plate BM223 and stamped a zebra print on my nails. I used Color Club's clear top coat to finish this off.


I am totally loving this look! It has so many components of things I love: monotones, pink, and animal print. Love, Love! The one thing I am not liking is having to take this off so that I can do tomorrow's manicure. So ladies, is this a manicure you would wear? I know it may be a little loud for some but I'm one of those people that love bright colors. After all, I'm in SoFlo where color is king in this tropical paradise. As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing tomorrow's post with you, xo!

~Jessica

8 comments:

  1. Precioso color y preciosa estampaciĆ³n.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much pink! I love it! It looks so cotton candy-ish and yummy! =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love monotone stampings! This is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pink is soo pretty!!!
    PS: i tagged u in a nail tag post
    http://oreleona.blogspot.com/2011/12/ze-nal-polich-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh. I think this is one of my favorite monotone manicures. The colors are just different enough that they compliment each other. I normally don't like zebra print, but I'd totally wear this!

    ReplyDelete