Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Candy Mani

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I have a cute and festive manicure to share with you all today but first, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to Nikki! Nikki and I are in a nail polish group on Facebook. I love that group as I have met so many great people with the same love for polish as me. I was lucky enough to do a swap a month ago (maybe two?) with her and she spoiled me rotten! Around Halloween, a bunch of the girls were posting the most adorable looking pumpkin shaped polishes that seem to be found only in stores like RiteAid & Meijer, neither of which are in South Florida. Long story short, I wanted to try one and she was looking for a specific image for stamping that I just so happened to have,  so we swapped. I was expecting just one of them and to my absolute surprise I received 6! She sent me 3 pumpkin and 3 snowmen polishes and I was ever so grateful that she did since I cannot access these myself! So Ms. Nikki, thank you again!


Today's manicure begins with a base of Nail Envy Maintenance by OPI. I used two coats of Matte by Bettina for my white base. This polish has a really great formula. Although the first coat is a bit streaky, it evens out nicely by the second coat. I'm glad to have this one in my stash. I don't know if it's just me, but I have a hard time finding a really good white cream polish. They always are either super thick, ridiculously runny, or way too streaky.


First, how freakin' cute is that bottle?! The top hat brush handles are absolutely adorable! These polishes are unnamed but as you can see, this one contains red and green hexagonal glitter in a clear base. I applied one coat on each of my nails except my ring finger. Application was nice on this, the glitter dispersed evenly and I did not have a problem with placement. I quite love the way it looks over the white. It reminds me of sprinkles on top of holiday cupcakes!


On my accent nail, I stamped on a candy cane design from BornPrettyStore image plate M37 using the polish from my red Kiss nail art striper. I have attempted to use various reds for this, however, none were opaque enough and they all turned pink over the white. I used scotch tape and Bettina Mojito for my green funky french tips. I topped this manicure with fast dry top coat by Seche Vite.


Though I like this manicure, I think I liked it better before the stamping and green tips. Something about the white with the red and green glitter is just so pretty to me. What do you all think? Like it, love it, or hate it? As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing tomorrow's post with you, xo!

~Jessica

12 comments:

  1. Extremely gorgeous. I love the finished look, but I can see how you would like it before the tips and stamping. Heck, I love it when you had just the base on. lol... They all look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! The Christmas glitters are a nice touch to this mani!

    Your nails are so pretty....

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg its sooooo pretty! i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved how it looked with just the glitter! It is still pretty with the tips and stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Ah I just love all these cute Christmas manis you are doing...keep it up! =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that glitter is stunning. Great design :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great, Im following! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the finished product best. Love the glitter alone, but the tips and stamp "finish" it, imo. Great work!

    ReplyDelete