Wednesday, November 30, 2011

10 Day Challenge: Day 9

Hello Lacquer Luvers & welcome to Day 9 of the 10 Day Challenge! Today's challenge is Favorite Color Combination. As you can see in my banner, my favorite color combo is pink, black and white. Although I have not always been a fan of pink, as I grow older this combination is one I am always drawn to. I absolutely love the way these colors pop off eachother and how fun they are together.




For today's manicure I did a water marble using my favorite colors and one of my favorite brands. To begin, I applied one coat of OPI Nail Envy. For the water marble, I used Matte (white), Pink Bikini (pink, obviously) & Onix (black) by Bettina. These are all cream polishes and spread nicely in the water. I tried to do  the same design on each finger. Even though these didn't come out exactly how I imagined, I still like them, especially my index finger. Once I water marbled all of my nails I applied a thick coat of fast dry top coat by Seche Vite.



What do you all think of this color combination? What colors do you think work best together? I would love to try this look with turquoise and chocolate brown or lime green, black, and white. Don't forget that Kelly over at Posh For Polish is doing this challenge with me, so please go take a look at her favorite color combination inspired manicure and make sure to follow her as well! As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing tomorrow's post with you, xo!

~Jessica

P.S. Lacquer Luvers, tomorrow is the last day to enter my 50 Follower Bettina Giveaway, don't miss out and enter here! Good luck!!

9 comments:

  1. Charlie says, "I love my good n plenty" . . . You are the water marble expert. LuvMyLacquerMom

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love this! i have attempted water marble art twice and failed. and never tried it again for the fear of mess and frustration =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is amazing! i attempted to do water marble once & failed but this inspired me to try again! i am a new follower, i would love it if you would please follow me back: http://myprettynailz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those nails are amazing!! How do you keep your cuticles so clean when you are marbling?? When I tried it, it was SO messy....I used a little scotch tape around the nail, but it didn't help a lot....I would love to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This might be the best marbeling I've ever seen! Holy smokes!

    ReplyDelete