Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Andy Nailed Marilyn!!! (Pop Art Inspired Nails)

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I know I always say this, but seriously, I am SO excited to share my mani with you guys today!! A few years ago I attempted to recreate one of Andy Warhol's pop art images (the one with the guns) on my nails and it was disastrous to say the least. I mean, just awful! I recently received a few plates from MoYou London to review and after looking at this one image of Marilyn Monroe I knew it was time to try another pop art look. This time I was successful! 


Now I don't know about you guys, but I am totally in love with this look! It incorporates so many things that I adore: bright colors, polka dots, eye catching imagery and of course, Marilyn. I think this mani was successful because my creative process this time was different than any other time I've created a manicure. I usually sit a bunch of colors and plates in front of me and have at it but this time I thought to sketch it out first. 


After I sketched the nails I went and grabbed a bunch of bright polishes. As you can see, I broke down the colors I would be using for each nail.  "B" is my base or background color,  "H" is hair & "F" is face. 


My manicure began with 2 coats each (starting from pinky to thumb) of Zoya Micky, Bettina Green Apple & Bettina Sunrise and 3 coats each of Essie Saturday Disco Fever & Essie Turquoise & Caicos. I honestly liked that the way it was, just fun bright colors! But I had to finish the task at hand so I started my nail art using MoYou London's Pro Collection 10 Plate and Konad Special Stamping Polish in black.


All of my Marilyn's were created using the stamping decal method and MoYou's Rebel Collection 02 plate. I made these Warhol-esque by using funky color combinations that really pop when put together. These are the polishes I used:

Turquoise - Essie Turquoise & Caicos
Purple - Essie Play Date
Yellow - Bettina Sunrise
Orange - Essie Saturday Disco Fever
Green - Bettina Green Apple
Pink - Zoya Micky


I've been wearing this mani since Saturday. Do I love it? Maybe a little too much! However, FedEx just left with a delivery so I will weep as I remove this. Do you guys have any MoYou stamping plates? I love the unique images that are on them and the wide variety of collections that they offer. MoYou plates retail for £4.99 & can be purchased on their website. As always, I hope you all enjoyed this post my dear Lacquer Luvers & I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

30 comments:

  1. This is AMAZE-BALLS!!! I love this all around and the color combos you used are perfectly tied together!! Good idea on sketching out the mani first, I would have dove right in and then messed up. Love how this turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly - this is AMAZING!!! The attention to detail is so awesome, right down to your layout on notebook paper! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely perfect...you never seize to amaze me. You are incredibly talented. Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, wow, these are amazing. I love the time and care you put into planning these--the colours are just perfect! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's certainly beautiful that you use all nail products of the reputable brands. I like the pink since it's suitable for my skin.

    My website: Tefl courses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I would like to open cosmetology salon. Do you have an experience in this business? There are too many options in beauty salon equipment. Could you give me an advise? What companies are more reliable to buy 18 in 1 facial machine and Galvanic facial machine?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color looks really good :)

    ~ Yummylooks.com | how to bleach your skin

    Perhaps you interested to visit my blog. I mainly discuss skin care topics and anti-aging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. satta king
    play bazaar Begin bringing in cash web based doing micro gigs. Register at Fiverr and offer little undertakings that you can accomplish for others for five bucks. On the off chance that you can't consider anything, you can do that individuals may pay for, peruse over what is as of now advertised. You will be astounded at the sorts of undertakings that are accessible.

    ReplyDelete



  9. شركة ركن الامانة للخدمات المنزلية تقدم لكم اليوم خدمتان من خدماتها المتميزة بخصم يصل 30% لخدمة المكافحة وتنظيف الخزانات بمدنية جازان الشركة لديها افضل معدات تنظيف وأفضل مبيدات حشرية يمكنك التواصل معنا عبر الروابط التالية شركة مكافحة حشرات بجازان
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجازان
    شركة تنظيف بجازان

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Bombox interpretator is a video company whose interpretor is a practical experience in activating video which makes your business ideas, ideas, services and product most ideal ways. Explainer Video Production Company
    Best Explainer Video Production Company

    ReplyDelete
  11. top logistics companies in india top logistics companies in india
    top logistics company in india
    top 10 logistics companies in india
    best logistics companies in india
    best logistics company in india
    india's best logistics company
    top ten logistics company in india
    top logistics companies in delhi
    best logistics companies in delhi
    best logistics company in delhi
    logistics
    logistics company
    top logistics company in india

    ReplyDelete
  12. warehousing companies in india Om Group is a big, strong corporation. It is among the world’s leading logistics companies, focusing on seafreight, airfreight, and overland businesses.
    warehousing companies in delhi ncr

    ReplyDelete
  13. منذ بدء التاريخ وكل امرأة تبحث عن طرق تجميل الوجه بطريقتها وأسلوبها الخاص، وبالرغم من أن الجمال لا يقتصر على جمال الوجه فقط إلا أن جمال الوجه يستحوذ على تفكير المرأة أكثر من أي منطقة أخرى من جسدها حيث أن جمال الوجه يعكس جمال الروح.

    اسعار عمليات تجميل الوجه في مصر
    اسعار عمليات تجميل الوجه في مصر
    اسعار عمليات تجميل الوجه في مصر
    اسعار عمليات تجميل الوجه في مصر
    اسعار عمليات تجميل الوجه في مصر
    اسعار عمليات تجميل الوجه في مصر
    اسعار عمليات تجميل الوجه في مصر
    اسعار عمليات تجميل الوجه في مصر
    اسعار عمليات تجميل الوجه في مصر
    اسعار عمليات تجميل الوجه في مصر

    ومنذ القدم والعديد من النساء يستخدمن الوصفات الطبيعية والطرق المختلفة للحصول على وجه جميل وجذاب، ولكن الطرق التقليدية كانت تستغرق الكثير من الوقت ولم تكن نتائجها بالجودة المتوقعة كما أن آثارها لم تدم طويلا، وكانت الحاجة لأن تظل المرأة جميلة وتتمتع بوجه شاب هي الدافع للبحث الدائم والمستمر عن طرق حديثة ومتجددة لمعالجة العلامات المزعجة بالوجه والتي تجعل المرأة غير راضية عن مظهر وجهها.

    ReplyDelete