Monday, March 25, 2013

Springy Skittlette

Hello Lacquer Luvers! Today's post features a manicure style that I have grown to love. The first time I saw a skittlette was on Marta of ChitChatNails. A skittlette is also referred to as a "kitchen sink" manicure. These manicures contain a variety of designs and colors that make each nail different. Marta continuously impresses me with her choices of colors and nail art. She is amazing at this and I encourage you all to go take a look at her blog if you aren't already following her!


My manicure began with a base of Essie Feed Me. I chose three colors for this: CoverGirl Coral Silk, Zoya Neely and Bettina Marshmallow. My pinky was painted with two coats of Neely. I then used striping tape and the other polishes for my diagonal lines design. Two coats of Coral Silk were applied to my ring finger and I stamped the lace design on using Konad special polish in white and their M71 image plate. I used Marshmallow, Neely and a dotting tool for my middle finger. On my index is Neely and this cute bow that is found on Konad M59. Not shown is my thumb which is just Coral Silk. My mani was completed with a coat of HK Girl topcoat.


I adore this so much! The colors are so gorgeous together and I love how pretty and girly this came out! Have you tried a skittelette? If you haven't you should, they're fun! As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! And love these colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute i love the color combo & designs you used. I would love to see a black & pink version of this type of mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this so much! You inspired me and I am using a coral and pale green now as we speak ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! and definitely screams spring, well maybe it just whispers it because it's demure and ladylike!

    ReplyDelete