Sunday, February 12, 2012

You Give Love A Bad Name (Anti-Valentine's Day Nails)

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I hope you all are having a great weekend so far. Today I have an anti-Valentine's Day manicure to share with you. I decided to do a mani for my girls who absolutely hate this holiday because, well, we all know what it feels like to have been hurt or to not have someone special to show your affection to on that day, right? My mani was inspired by the lyrics of Bon Jovi's "You Give Love A Bad Name".


For my mani today, I wanted to simulate a "shot through the heart." I began my manicure with a base coat of Essie Grow Faster. I used two coats of Bettina Onix (black) & three coats of Matte (white) as my base colors.  On my pinky is the gun which was done with Konad plate S5 & their Special Stamping Polish in black. I used Sally Hansen's Color Quick Chrome Pen in gold along with Bundle Monster's BM202 plate as the gunfire on my pinky, ring, and middle fingers. The heart on my middle finger was done with Kiss Nail Art striper in red & BM202. The blood red splatter on my index finger was done with Essie's Russian Roulette.


"You're a loaded gun, yeah
There's nowhere to run
No-one can save me, the damage is done

Shot through the heart, and you're to blame
You give love a bad name
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name"
-Bon Jovi


I'm very pleased with the outcome of this manicure. I think I pulled off the concept that I was going for. What do you all think Lacquer Luvers? Did I do this song justice with my mani? I hope I did you proud my anti-Valentine's Day luvs! As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

The song that inspired me today: http://youtu.be/KrZHPOeOxQQ

21 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I love how they create a brutal theme. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. The splatter is awesome. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you did an anti-valentine manicure. I really get a kick out of this every time I look at it. Funny, cute, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just sheer and utter GENIUS xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great!!! :) outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ¡Qué manicura más chula! Genial hacer un Anti-San Valentín.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is incredible! Loving the storybook nails!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is totally awesome! I love the theme and how you interpreted it and they all flow together. Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this song and I thing you've done a great job with the manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. woooow, this is completely perfect and I love how well thought out it is ! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so unbelievable awesome! Great job, really!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is totally completely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome Anti-Valentine's Day mani!!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete