Saturday, February 25, 2012

Rockin' My Neon Animal Print Mani

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I hope you all have some great plans for this weekend. As for myself, I will be enjoying family time and just kicking back with Tyus. I am thinking of taking him to the park later on today. Anyways, today I have a rockin' mani to share with you all. I woke up feeling cheery and what better way to express that on your nails than with neon colors and glitterrr?!


My manicure today began with my usual base coat of Essie Grow Faster. Once dried, I applied two coats of China Glaze Celtic Sun. Celtic Sun is like liquid yellow highlighter in a bottle. It is super bright and in your face! It's also not as opaque as I would've thought it to be. If I was using this color on it's own I would probably apply two coats over a white base.


Once my two coats of Celtic Sun dried, I applied one coat of Color Club's top coat. I didn't apply this to all of my nails at one time because it was used as an adhesive for the neon yellow glitter. So while the top coat was still wet, I took a loose nail tip and used it as a scoop to pour the glitter on to my nails. I lightly tapped my fingers so that the excess glitter would fall off.


After the glitter was applied to each of my nails it was time to make it smooth enough for me to stamp over it. To do this, I simply applied three coats of the Color Club top coat over my nails. After the three coats of top coat dried I used my Special Stamping Polish in black to stamp on this cheetah meets zebra design that is on Konad's M78 image plate. This manicure was topped off with two coats of Essie Good To Go topcoat.


I picked up the jar of neon yellow glitter while visiting my sister last summer. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a label so I cannot tell you what brand it is but you can find glitter for nails in nail supply stores and online.

Macro shot of the neon yellow glitter
I am loooving my mani today! It's so bright and fun =) What do you think luvs? Have any of you used loose glitter on your nails? I cannot wait to do another mani like this. I have quite a few glitters so we'll see what I come up with next. As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

21 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! what kind of glitter is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Like I said above, it didn't come with a label so I'm not sure who makes it but you can find glitter like this in nail supply stores =)

      Delete
    2. I'll check some stores to see if I can find some. it looks so pretty!

      Delete
  2. I love it! It was well worth all the time and effort you put into it, like creating a real piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little time consuming but well worth it I think! Thank you for stopping by, xo!

      Delete
  3. Super awesome!!!!! 100% luv it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO. MANY. COATS. I cringe D: It looks great but there HAS to be a way to cut down on coats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! There is a way to cut down on all the coats. Sadly, I do not have Gelous on hand. Gelous is a super thick top coat that's great for use with glitter. I will have to pick up a bottle next time I'm at Sally's ;)

      Delete
    2. Okay :P Because I do not have the patience to layer on 10 coats, however thin they may be xP I love the overall effect though (:

      Delete
  5. Well this is gorgeous!!!!

    I love this design! As always Jess, this is beautiful! I Love the loose glitter on top. Wish there was a nail polish like it. lol..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!!! I love the sparkle from the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow that is one of the boldest and most amazing manicures I've ever seen! I am in freaking love with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like this manicure... I love it sooooooooo much Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this manicure!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Con los glitters te ha quedado preciosa. Me encanta.

    ReplyDelete
  11. While I'm always blown away by your manicures, this one is REALLY something special. I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Awesome manicure... Very cool idea with the glitter & stamping together!

    P.S. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete