Monday, September 3, 2012

Girly-Girl Mani for Gabrielle (Guest post by Jin of Superficially Colorful)

Hi Jessica's readers :-D I'm Jin, and while Jessica is oh-so-busy with her new little baby girl Gabrielle, I prepared for you a special mani. When Jessica asked me if I could do a guest post for her amazing blog, I knew I had to do something sweet and girly, in honor of little Gabrielle. But I am not too girly-girl, and I am not as talented as Jess in nail art. That actually was a big challenge for me, and I really hope you will like the result.
Taken in direct sun.
I started with Zoya - Sweet. Zoya describes this polish as A super-sweet, pale shade of bubblegum pink creme. What can be more girly then that? This polish has a lovely formula and is opaque in two easy coats. 
Zoya - Sweet. Taken indoors under artificial lighting.
Taken indoors under artificial lighting.
Then I did some sponging. I don't use the common technique by the Nailasaurus. I don't know why but it never really works for me as easy as it looks. I prefer this way by The Beauty Department to do a gradient, and this works perfect for me. I used the same pink - Sweet by Zoya, combined with White on the spot by Milani and I applied to my sponge a line of Sweet, then a line of White on the Spot and then another line of Sweet. Then I needed something fun for the accent nail. I am not as good with stamping as Jess, but I do try. I covered my stamping pattern (DRK_A plate from Ninja Polish) with drops from a handful of colors. I have there Color Club - Pucci-Licious, Sally Hansen Xtreme wear - Blue me away, Sun Kissed and Mello Yellow, Sally's Complete Salon Manicure in Thinking of Blue, Zoya Holly and the special red polish by Konad. This is how much plate looked like: 
And this is what I ended up with:
Zoya - Sweet. Taken indoors under artificial lighting.
Zoya - Sweet. Taken indoors under artificial lighting.
While I liked it, I didn't feel like it was a finished manicure, so I used the same flowers again, but this time I only used the white and pink that are already on my nails. Just this time I reversed the order of them. I used a line of white then a line of pink and then another line of white all on my stamping pattern.
Taken indoors under artificial lighting.
Taken indoors under artificial lighting.
Well, I may not be the best when it comes to either stamping or cleaning, but I do like the final result. Here's a close up on both the colorful stamp and the pink and white stamp:
So this is my girly-girl mani, in honor of sweet Gabrielle. I hope you enjoyed it! Feel free to peep into my blog and see how I try to improve in nail art.

 Yours,  Jin




Jin, I absolutely adore this manicure! I love everything from the rainbow flowers accent nail to the base color. This manicure made me think about a few things. Some of you may know that we unfortunately miscarried back in October. We were so excited when we got pregnant again and my friend, Liz, let me know that Gabby is our rainbow baby. She said that after every storm (miscarriage) comes a rainbow (Gabrielle) & it was the sweetest and most comforting thing to hear at the time =) Also, I thought about my Zoya Valentine's Day giveaway where Sweet was one of the colors that I gifted to the winner. It's such a beautiful pink and a perfect color for girly-girls. Ladies and gents, please make sure you head on over to Jin's blog, Superficially Colorful, to check out more of her work and give her a follow! Jin, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to create this beautiful post for me so that I can spend more time with my little lady. It means alot to me <3

6 comments:

  1. ♥ Thank you so much for the kind words ♥
    And may the rainbow shine over you and your entire life forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh, Jin, this is perfect!!! look at you and the rainbow flowers!!! I'm not a girly girl at all either and I LOVE IT!!!! great creation, and so appropriate for little Gabby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I need to recreate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty, Jin! Love the rainbow flowers. Such a lovely pop of color!
    Congratulations on the arrival of your new baby girl, Jessica! I'm sure your cup runneth over with love for her. I lost my youngest son when I was 6 months pregnant with him, after already having two babies with few complications for the most part, I was stunned and my heart was shattered. You are a very brave mama. I don't think I could rick the heartbreak again. Enjoy every single moment with your lovely rainbow Gabrielle! I'm sure she is more like the pot of gold at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is indeed a sweet mani. Cute and girly!

    ReplyDelete