Friday, September 6, 2013

31DC2013 Day 5 - Blue Nails

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I had some Internet issues that prevented me from posting yesterday's manicure for the challenge. Today I'm catching up on my posts and I really hope you guys enjoy the manicures I created for days 5 & 6.


The lovely people at Bettina were kind enough to send me a few polishes from this summers' Picnic Collection and I'm happy to share one of them with you today. My manicure began with a base of Essie Feed Me followed by 2 coats of Bettina Pond. Pond is a gorgeous shade of blue that also contains the most stunning iridescent blue shimmer. Application and formula were perfection and I   reached complete opacity in just 2 coats. 


I'm sure you've all seen the waterfall manicures The Nailasaurus has been posting lately. Giving my freehand skills another try, I decided to attempt to recreate her style of nail art. It seemed simple enough; base color, nail art striper, few other colors of polish and topcoat. 


For my tapered stripes I used Kiss Nail Art polishes in White & Soft Blue. I saved the striping brush from a broken nail art bottle and dipped it in Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Celeb City for the silver stripes. My manicure was complete with 1 coat of HKGIRL topcoat. 


I feel like I should've applied a few more stripes to each of my nails but overall I really enjoyed recreating this look. It was very easy to do and is a lot of fun to look at. What do you guys think of Pond? Would you try the waterfall manicure? As always, I hope you all enjoyed this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

4 comments: