Hello Lacquer Luvers! I was contacted and kindly asked to review a brand new line of nail stickers by OMG Nail Strips. This company offers a fun array of easy to apply nail strips that are very convenient when you are in a time crunch and want some cool nail art on your nails. The designs are very unique and the strips are inexpensive, making it even more appealing to try them. I chose to review the Sneaker Nail Polish Strips & Love Nail Polish Strips. Let's have a look at them!
I have tried nail strips/stickers/appliques a few times and was a little worried about application issues as I have personally had problems with wrinkling and sizing before. I wanted to give you a review that was 100% honest so I took the time to photograph each step for you all to see in the photo collage above (start in the top left corner and work your around the center photo). To apply OMG Nail Strips simply follow these instructions:
- Soak your hands in warm water for 5 minutes. Dry hands, then gently push back cuticles. Carefully remove any excess skin around the nail bed.
- Moisturize your hands with lotion, and wait 1 minute.
- Using a Q-tip, remove any leftover lotion from the nail bed, paying special attention to the sidewalls, cuticle area and tip of the fingernail.
- Select the appropriate sized nail strip for each nail to ensure the nail will be covered from sidewall to sidewall. Using a nail strip that is too large for a particular nail is not recommended; rather, trim the strip the scissors to the appropriate width.
- Peel off the clear coating, and then carefully remove the nail polish strip from the sticker backing,
- Start by placing whichever end on the nail strip that works better for your nails at the cuticle and apply it by smoother the strip towards the tip and your nail, smoothing out and bumps and ensuring the strip is tucked neatly into the sidewalls.
- File away any excess nail strip by holding your nail file parallel to the surface you are working on, as filing the nail perpendicularly will cause tearing along the tip.
- After you have applied all ten polish strips, take a cotton ball the has been dipped in polish removed with the excess remover wrung out, and swipe each nail 1-3 times, paying special attention to the sidewalls, tips and cuticle area. This step is especially important, as it melts the strip to your nails, allowing for longer lasting wear.
- Apply a finishing topcoat, and wait 5 minutes for it to dry completely.
Unfortunately, my fast drying topcoat cracked the sneaker nail strips a bit. I still liked them though and wore them overnight. I was soooo anxious to try the Love Nail Strips so I went ahead and applied those but skipped the topcoat this time.
I love this design so much! Not only that, but you all know that it is my favorite color combination and they applied really nicely! There were some larger strips that can be used for a pedicure later.
Overall, I would say that OMG Nail Strips are pretty neat and versatile in that they come in a variety of designs and sizes. I did have some wrinkling and cracking the first time I used them but that could've very well have been user error as the second time around I had no issues at all with them. OMG Nail Stickers are currently offering a 4 for $20 promotion with the coupon code "4PACK" & 10 for $45 with coupon code "10PACK". You can find OMG Nail Strips on Facebook and Instagram (@omgnailstrips) so be sure to check them out! Shipping is always FREE, too! As always, I hope you all enjoyed this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!