Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pink Wednesday & My Franken

Hello Lacquer Luver's & welcome to another Pink Wednesday! Today I have a pretty pink mani to share with you as well as two other goodies: a franken I made & a nail polish ring. I'm really quite fond of them both and am so excited to hear what you all think of them so let's get on to the pics, shall we?


Today's manicure began with a base coat of OPI Nail Envy. I chose Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Hot Magenta for my pink today. Hot Magenta can best be described as a hot pink polish with subtle shimmer and blue undertones. The blue undertone in this is really really beautiful in the sun. The formula on this is great, it applies very nicely and needed two coats to reach full opacity. The brush on the SHXW line bottles can be a bit wide for some people, but for me, I like it. Dry time on this polish was average and although it doesn't dry super shiny there isn't an absolute need for top coat either.


To make my mani more interesting, I went ahead and layered on one coat of my franken polish. This is a polish I made just before the holiday's. It's absolutely gorgeous layered over pinks and is incredibly stunning over darker colors like black. I don't know the exact measurements of product used to create this as I honestly just did it on a whim and mixed/poured until my bottle was full. The bottle was about 1/5 full with LA Colors Nail Hardener. I began to pour in a bit of Sinful Colors Pinky Glitter (a pink tinted base with iridescent glitter), Jordana INCOLOR Girl's Night Out (a sheer, virtually clear, polish full of pink shimmer) & some of WetNWild's clear top coat.


Pretty right? My one gripe about this over this particular pink is that you can barely pick up on the pink shimmer since it kind of just blends right in. However, as I mentioned before, this is really gorgeous over dark colors like black. I made a polish ring using my franken and WetNWild's Ebony Hates Chris. Now you get to see all the yummy pink shimmerrrrrrr!

 Isn't it purr-ty?


In the last photo you can REALLY see the pink shimmer. I absolutely adore it! It's just so sparkly, so unexpected, so ME! What do you think ladies? Like it, love it, hate it? And another thing, notice that I didn't have a name for this baby yet? I was thinking you guys could help me with that! So if you have any suggestions, please, leave me a comment below and perhaps I'll give it your name =) As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

16 comments:

  1. El rosa de Sally Hansen es muy bonito pero con el top coat es precioso.

    Muy bonito el anillo.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and adorable color.
    Your franken is sooooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U r killing me with that pink Jess! Lovveeee ur franken :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!! I love the SH polish it's so bright and beautiful! Your franken is AMAZING!! I love pink, so it's my kind of polish. It gives the mani a nice sparkle.
    I'm no good at names, wish I could give a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Gorgeous. I love your franken on your nails and on the ring!

    This ring is so pretty. I gotta make a ring with nail polish someday. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For name suggestion, I would say:

    Sparkle my fancy
    Pink aurora
    Summer Shimmer
    Move over, I'm pink!
    Or a mixture of the polishes you used: Pinky night out. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One Word Jess Amazing Manicure! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time I look at your blog, it just become more and more amazed. Who would have thought you are THIS talented!!!!! @LizzyO's comment- I like the "Sparkle My Fancy".....Keep up the good work. And to your members - You each have some awesome posts....LuvMyLacquerMom

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!!

    Also, I would love if you showed us how to make a nail polish ring!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The polish ring is awesome, I'd love to see a tutorial on that!

    The pink shimmery franken reminds me of something you'd come across in an enchanted forest.

    Enchanted Fairy Dust. I like that. It's awesome, I really need to try and franken something like that for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 0_0 your franken over black is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, new follower from the Beauty Stats FB share :) I am a polish lover and I have to say I am really loving your blog. Great polish ring and I like the pink mani a lot! Im excited to follow along :)
    Love for you to check out my beauty blog and follow back if you like. Thanks!
    http://meetmeonthebrightside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete