Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Girly-Girl Nail Art Challenge Day 5

Hello Lacquer Luvers! How are you all doing today? I'm feeling pretty good. It's the first day of Spring which means it's getting close to my birthday! Today is Day 5 of the Girly-Girl Nail Art Challenge. The theme for today is "Gotta Love Chick Flicks! We just CAN'T resist! Wear a mani inspired by your favorite chick flick."


Every time the I hear the term chick flick, I always think of the one movie that I watched over and over again. It's one that epitomizes this term and I'm sure you all have seen it. The movie that I always think of is, of course, PRETTY WOMAN! I loved this movie so very much. It's like a real life fairy tale. My manicure today was inspired by a scene in the movie where Vivian (Julia Roberts) and Edward (Richard Gere) attend a polo match. I loved the brown and white polka dot dress she wore in this scene and that's where the inspiration for my mani came from today!

Photo credit: http://www.moviespad.com/celebrity/images/28274/richard-gere-pretty-woman/

I began my mani with a base of Essie Grow Faster followed by two coats of OPI You Don't Know Jacques!. Although this color doesn't match perfectly with the brown in her outfit, it was the closest I had in my collection. You Don't Know Jacques! was released with OPI's 2008 La Collection de France collection. It can be described as a neutral color that is a taupe-like grey with purple undertones. The application and formula for this polish was very nice and was completely opaque in two coats.



Once You Don't Know Jacques! dried, I used my Konad Special Stamping Polish in white along with plate BM19 from Bundle Monster to stamp on the polka dots. I topped this manicure off with a coat of Essie Good To Go.



I was very happy with how this manicure came out. While doing it I kept singing the Pretty Woman song in my head, lol! What do you think of this mani luvs? Like it, love it, or hate it? To see more chick flick inspired manicures, check out these blog posts of the other girls participating in this challenge:

Lindsey of Neverland Nail Blog

Ashley of Follow The Yellow Polish Road

Stephanie of A Little Polish

Kelly of Polish Enthusiast

Jodi of Captivating Claws

Danielle of Rock N Polish

Elly of Polishable

Olivia of Unprofessional Nails

Kate of This Charming Kate

Bethany of  A Plethora Of Nails

Lizzy of The Do It Yourself Lady

Eugenia of Talon-ted

Johanna of Neues vom Kellerkind

Amanda of Nox Nails

Ashley of Smashley Sparkles

Sarah of See Sarah Swatch

Emily of The Lacquerologist

Tressa of O' Natur Nail

As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

14 comments:

  1. oh that's always a good one. classic chick flick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LUV it (and this movie)! You're right, that dress was awesome :) And I have watched this movie a millions too, and my boyfriend always teases me that the story is like every girls dream - minus the part about being a stripper, haha. Great job!
    ~Amada of berrypolished.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interpretation! I love this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! Love You Don't Know Jacques!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! This is a good movie and that is great manicure. So pretty.
    Richard Gere was so young in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I loved that dress and especially the hat she wore in the movie! I mean who doesn't love that movie????!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this mani! If I saw you randomly with this done on your nails I would instantly think of Pretty Woman. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the movie and the mani!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The nails match the dress perfectly! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen this movie many times than I can count. This matches that dress so well.

    Lovely Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute mani!! I love these colors together. Now the song is stuck in my head, lol.

    ReplyDelete